Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Well, that was a bit... Unexpected...

Well, the response to my announcement has been swift and surprisingly positive. I cannot even describe how wonderful it is to have so much support.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the agency so that we can set a date for the interview, so that's exciting for sure! I was thinking today about the huge commitment that this is, and I can't wait to see how it plays out. There will be doctor's appointments, hormone injections and everything else. It will most definitely be something that I have never done before, and I think that is part of the draw. At the same time, it's sinking in that I am on the verge of literally providing life to someone and giving a piece of myself to help someone out there make their family complete.

I have continued doing more research and finding out more information. I was even (kind of) shocked to find so many other blogs about women also chronicling their experiences. My hope is that I can be a resource to someone who has considering being - or receiving from - an egg donor. I want whatever my experience is to educate, encourage and enlighten others, whether those experiences are good or bad.

My goal with this blog is to be as honest, transparent and detailed as I can. I want people to ask questions, ask everything! I want to learn, grow, and hopefully inspire. I have always been an open book, and this is no time to stop. Don't be shy about anything you want to know about me and my decision - I'm not!


1 comment: